Fulfilling immigration exam requirements
Medical examinations are required by the USCIS (United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) to obtain a US green card or US citizenship. Only doctors designated by the USCIS as civil surgeons can complete an immigration exam. Better Faster Urgent Care provides all necessary medical services to fulfill immigration exam requirements for US citizenship applicants of all ages. Better Faster Urgent Cart also provides vaccination assessments and services for refugees.
Please bring Form I-693 to your exam. The government requires this for completion of your immigration physical.
What Does an Immigration Exam Include?
- Completion of all exam results reporting, including the I-693 form
- Physical examination
- Vaccination history review
- Screening for tuberculosis, syphilis*, and gonorrhea*
Should additional testing or vaccinations be necessary to treat any health issues identified during the exam, Better Faster Urgent Care can provide blood work, x-rays, and vaccinations during the same visit for the convenience of the applicant.**
* Required for ages 15 and above
** Additional fees will apply
Find a Location
Do you need an Immigration Exam? Chances are we have a location near you. Use our Location Finder to find your closest Better Faster Urgent Care location. We don’t have civil surgeons at every Better Faster Urgent Care location, so call the center before coming in for an exam to make sure that a civil surgeon is available. Remember to bring the following to your appointment:
- I-693 Form-Part 1 can be completed; DO NOT SIGN Part 2
- A valid government issued photo ID (passport, ID card, or driver’s license)
- Immunization records (official English translation)
- Payment, needed at time of visit (cash, check, or charge)
- An Interpreter who can speak, read and write in English if needed.